Crisp. Wry. Confident. A voice that cuts right to the chase.
Over 24 audiobooks completed.
A quick hello to everyone at Blackstone Audio from Nathan (in < 20 seconds)
I’m interested in general nonfiction, with a focus on business, technology/science and travel.
(And I like other genres too—below are demos and more on my background!)
I’ve coached with Shannons Parks (aka Marguerite Gavin) on her full FICTION curriculum and have worked (onstage) with Ray Porter. I’m also a big fan/student/actor of SHAKESPEARE, and have made several trips to Oregon for the Festival.
A recent project from HarperCollins: an Apple Books “Must Listen”
- HOW WE CHANGE - Apple Books "Must Listen" (HarperCollins) Nathan Agin 2:57
Non-Fiction: SELF-HELP (1st person POV, humor)
Why do all of us project our imagined sense of importance onto the world?
- SELF-HELP (1st person POV, humor) Nathan Agin
Non-Fiction: BUSINESS (1st person POV, technical jargon)
What greater value might blockchain have than the cryptocurrencies for which it was created?
- BUSINESS (1st person POV, technical jargon) Nathan Agin
Fiction: NOIR/MYSTERY (1st person POV, male/female)
I couldn’t be mistaken about what she meant, not after 15 years in the insurance business.
- NOIR/MYSTERY (1st person POV, male/female) Nathan Agin
Fiction: ROMANCE (1st person POV, male/female)
I hang my head in my hands and wait for her to return. I should leave, but I don’t want to.
- ROMANCE (1st person POV, male/female) Nathan Agin
Fiction: FANTASY/SCI FI (1st person POV, multi-character)
What happened to the family in the coach and what was waiting ahead at the inn?
- FANTASTY/SCI FI (1st person POV, multi-character) Nathan Agin
Fiction: THRILLER (1st person POV, female/male)
Cindy needed to avoid suspicion. Everything had gone wrong, including the body in the trunk.
- THRILLER (1st person POV, female/male) Nathan Agin
- Sennheiser MK4 microphone
- Audient iD4 MKII interface
- PreSonus Studio One
- iZotope RX
- Macbook Pro
- Home studio
- British (RP)
- Trained as an actor in classical theatre (Shakespeare, Shaw, Chekhov)
- Have traveled to 20+ countries and 46 states, largely as a “couchsurfer” and through points!
- Met my fiancé (an American OB/GYN) in Ecuador, while volunteering in Quito
- Can speak Spanish (conversational)
- Volunteers with hospice patients
- Plays the ukulele
- Comfort and working knowledge of technology
- NONFICTION: Sean Pratt – Full Curriculum
- FICTION: Shannon Parks (aka Marguerite Gavin) – Full Curriculum
- Workshop coaching session: Johnny Heller and Paul Alan Ruben
Email [email protected] or click below.
Nathan has produced audiobooks with…
“Nathan has something to offer that 99% of others don’t. He is always professional and responsive, and his work is excellent. I’ve had thousands of people pitch me their services over the years, and from the moment I received Nathan’s first email [about narrating articles on my site], it was clear he is different.”
MARK MANSON, AUTHOR OF THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK AND BLOGGER, 2+ MILLION READERSHIP