A quick look at recent adventures…
CELEBRATING 2021 IN AUDIO:
- I narrated over 60 hrs of finished work
- 6 audiobooks were released (with a few more on the way)
- Worked with 4 different production companies and 3 authors directly
RELEASED 1 YEAR AGO – 2 titles to celebrate!
- THE KICK-ASS WRITER by Chuck Wendig
- “Whether you’re just starting out or you need one more push to get you over the top, two things are for certain – a kick-ass writer never quits, and Chuck Wendig won’t let you down in this high-octane guide to becoming the writer you were born to be.”
- FIRST SPOUSE by JR Strayve Jr.
- “A former president is assassinated. Rocky is disowned by members of his family. Uncommon heroism is sullied by the most powerful man in the world.“
ALMOST WRAPPED – about 90% through the 30+ hours of THE 21ST CENTURY MAN by Judson Brandeis MD. “60 board-certified doctors and men’s health experts offer advice and insider secrets that men over 35 need to recover and maintain their physical, mental, and sexual health to feel great, look good, and have better intimacy.”
YOU CAN STILL CATCH ME ON CLUBHOUSE: Join me most weeknights for “Night Owl Narration” (my new show, ha!) to listen to me narrate my current book LIVE. Usually starts around 11:30 pm PT and goes for an hour or so—when it’s quiet enough to get work done! Follow me here and The Audiobook Studio for notifications when it happens. If you’re unfamiliar with Clubhouse, it’s audio-only and available as an app.
And outside of the booth…
I got really ambitious and made SIX loaves of bread right before the holidays. While it would have been easy to eat all of them, I gave away five to neighbors and family.
While I’ve tried many different recipes, this one came from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes—you make a big batch and have dough ready when you want!
Who doesn’t like fresh bread?! It’s amazing how people’s eyes light up when you ask “would you like me to make you some bread?”.
I had also bought a lame (yes, it’s pronounced LAME) to score/cut the bread before baking. Watched a video from the San Francisco Baking Institute and so I’m working on my “ear”—it’s coming along!
We also did more hiking: went out to a new trail in Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego right after the New Year. Lots of different terrain, including cascading rocks and water.
I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to and any other comments you have – leave a note below!
More ahead! Be well and keep in touch!
Leave a Reply