A quick look at recent adventures…
Find Her (A Lacey James Series, Book 1) by Chris Patchell
Sweet Home, Oregon. Detective Lacey James needs to solve her marriage problems. But with her focus on a culprit escaping after a robbery call, she’s alarmed when she discovers his getaway car hides a chilling collection of rope, gloves, zip ties, and a gun. But her success in hunting him down turns into horror when the man grabs a firearm, killing a fellow officer before himself. (Published by Fireside Audio)
I’ll be appearing as different characters throughout the 4-book series!
A new genre to me! LitRPG – adds in video game and fantasy/magic elements into fiction. Working on the first book in a series.
I’ll be presenting talks at both of these—creating audiobooks that sell and then how to strategically market them!
October 10-15: Publish with Purpose Virtual Summit
November 18-19: Independent Publishers of New England Virtual Conference
Celebrating Past Audiobooks
- The Perfect Medicine by Dr. Brodie Ramin – 1 year old
- A doctor’s notes on running: really enjoyed the history, evolution, benefits, and personal story
- Two Million Steps by Tommy Anderson – 1 year old
- Historical fiction following an all-volunteer regiment during the Civil War
- Take Off Your Pants by Libbie Hawker – 5 years old
- Stop flying by the seat of your pants and write as a plotter (outline). Fair warning: some reviewers hated my pronunciation choices. 😂
Outside of the booth
It’s been a VERY busy couple of months:
- JULY: Drove all around the US to visit family and friends, 21 states in total for this trip, and have now visited all 50 states!
- AUGUST: Australia! An amazing first trip all around country, visiting 10 locations in 3.5 weeks: Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands, the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, and Sydney!
- SEPTEMBER: moved to Yreka in Northern California; it’s a tiny town of 8k and one of the last stops on I-5 before you get to Oregon! We’re here for my wife’s first physician job post-residency.
Some of our Australian adventures…
And yes, we even got to cuddle young kangaroos at their sanctuary in the Northern Territory!
I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to and any other comments you have – leave a note below!
More ahead! Be well and keep in touch!