A quick look at recent adventures…
for Scribe media: A business book for innovators at large consumer packaged goods (CPG) organizations.
Publishing Spotlight: Bedside Reading
In the recent Publish with Purpose conference where I spoke, I met Jane Ubell-Meyer, who runs Bedside Reading, a company that places curated books, eBooks, audiobooks (podcasts and meditations) by the bedsides in luxury & boutique hotels.
Have YOUR book waiting for readers next time they check in! Learn more.
Not only is this a great service (for authors, hotels, and guests!), I was amazed the Jane has single-handedly created this space—no one else is doing this! (To be fair, when she explains it, it takes a LOT of work, but she’s been doing it for more than 20 years.) I receive no compensation for recommending.
Celebrating Past Audiobooks
Two fiction projects, set in opposite corners of the country!
- Mister Manners by J.C. Bruce – 1 year old
- Who is Mister Manners, the elusive vigilante marauding Florida? Weird news reporter Alexander Strange is determined to discover the answer to that question.
- Deception Bay by Chris Patchell – 1 year old (just finished a new series for Chris!)
- She’s armed. He’s dangerous. Together, can they stop a killer from tearing apart the small community on Whidbey Island in Washington?
Outside of the booth
- Quick visit to Los Angeles to see family in town for production of my sister-in-law’s screenplay (based on her life!), Sitting in Bars with Cake. Plus my brother and I made a fun stop at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures!
- Exploring the “State of Jefferson” (NorCal/Southern OR) via beautiful hikes, pumpkin patches, and community fundraisers
- Visit to Crater Lake National Park with both mom and the dog!
I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to and any other comments you have – leave a note below!
More ahead! Be well and keep in touch!
Leave a Reply